The following are a few of the things MCPAAA members do in support of
the Mesa Police Department and the local community:
- Work at Training assisting staff with citizen police academy
- Meet and greet attendees and hand out programs at Police Recruit
- Partnership with the Mesa Family Advocacy Center to assist
domestic violence victim needs.
- Assist Crime Prevention officers.
- Assist at Explorers Annual Team Building event.
- Block party visits to support G.A.I.N.
- Assist with bike registrations.
- Participate in training scenarios at the Police Academy.
- Participate at Safety Fairs.
- "Cookies for Cops" -- provide cookies for the entire department
during the Holiday season.
- Make donations to injured officers and fallen officers families
- Assist other non-profit agencies with donations of money and
supplies, i.e. personal items to the Mesa Men's Shelter; personal
items and clothing to Center for Hope.
- MCPAAA provides on-going education to alumni members and
encourages members to be eyes and ears for the police department.